Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Hippity Hoppity - Part Deux: Battle of the Bunny Wagons

Martha suggests creating a candy-laden cart from a berry basket, wooden wheels, dowels, and a drinking straw.

You know we had to try it.

I skipped the wheels (dowels and glue? no.)  But I had this really cute ceramic strawberry container from Anthropologie that a friend gave me for Christmas.  Perfect, right?  I filled it with Cadbury Mini Eggs and Lindt chocolates in the shape of carrots.  My chocolate bunny isn't hand poured in antique chocolate molds as Martha did, and suggests you do too, mine is a Russell Stover Chocolate bunny from Rite Aid.  I admit it.

This is what I came up with:



This is Martha's:
Source: Martha Stewart
OK, Martha.  You win this one.

Ali

* * *

I wasn't going to try this one at all.  Like Ali, I scoffed at the plan for wheels and making an actual axle from a dowel and I'm pretty sure I commented to Ali that painting such a thing was "out of the question."  BUT, then I was in line at Marshalls and saw Jelly Belly Peas and Carrots!  They called to me from the check out area and I couldn't resist, knowing that the perfect project awaited my find.  So, yes, I ended up whipping out the paint.

I headed off to Michaels to find the required berry cart, but no luck.  I did find a little wooden box which I thought was a decent substitute.  I'm on vacation this week and didn't really want to make another stop at Home Depot for wheels and a dowel, so I cut wheels from the top of the wooden box, cut some bamboo from the yard to use for the axle and handles and used a shopping bag handle for the harness.  Voila! 



As pretty as Martha's?  No, but I think it turned out pretty cute. 

Jacqui  




1 comment:

  1. I'm digging your efforts. Ingenuity and creativity - ribbons, paper bag handle. Remember you are an army of one, Martha a staff of many.

    ReplyDelete