Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Spring Pasta

Martha has done well this month with her article on pasta sauce in a skillet.  Ali raved earlier about the red clam sauce and this week I tried the Leek, Sugar Snap Peas, and Lemon Pasta http://www.marthastewart.com/892626/pappardelle-leeks-sugar-snap-peas-and-lemon. I replaced the snap peas, which no one in my house likes, with asparagus. That alteration didn't make it any more appealing to my kids who won't eat anything remotely resembling leeks, but my husband and I liked it.  It was tasty, quick and easy.  Perfect. 
Leeks cooking away

... with asparagus and lemon zest

Pretty and pretty tasty!
-Jacqui

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done - I'll try it (snap peas or asparagus....). I now make a note to check your website on Sunday's (well other night too, but it's finally dawned on me that Sunday's are key posts!!).

    I just ate my leftover red clam sauce with pasta, and it was even better. Actually used it to augment a lunch this past week.

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete