Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Eggs On the Go

I was totally game to try an egg sandwich in the magazine this month, because, really, who doesn't love an egg sandwich?  This one was on a section of baguette, sliced lengthwise and toasted in the oven with a slice of cheddar cheese on each side.  Then two fried eggs and slices of tomato on the inside (it also called for basil leaves, but that didn't appeal to me at all.) 

My husband really liked it, declaring that "the bread totally makes it!"  I guess he was ready for a change from my usual offering on an English muffin.  I liked it too, but I think I'm still partial to the English muffin version, total comfort food, probably because that's how my mom made them for me.  I made a particular yummy version this morning with scrambled eggs, slices of smoked salmon, and cream cheese.  Now that's an egg sandwich!

Jacqui

1 comment:

  1. Love the crunchy bread and cheddar and tomato with egg thing going on! So I agree with your husband. For me yes to basil.

    However, if comfort food are the muffins your Mom did - keep it up. Love scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, and cream cheese. Do you sprinkle dill or add capers (capers - for me - are under used and so wonderful...even the brine can be used!). Onion for a work day breakfast are for those who eat them everyday regardless.

    Thanks,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete