Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hi-Ho Silver!!!

This month Martha suggests transforming a boring basket into something with a little sass by spray painting it silver.  Not only did this project sound like fun, but it was also a reader request!  (We really heart our readers!)

I like this look, so much that our holiday wreath is still hanging in our living room.  I can't think of a  better way to welcome summer than silver feathers and pine cones, can you?

While I'd like to claim I sprayed this one, I can't.

Anyway, Martha suggests using a basket you already have and I don't know about you, but in our house that kind of stuff goes to Goodwill.  So, to Homegoods I went.


Before...

And after!


I might have used the basket to hold firewood.  I think it would be an appealing contrast to the silver paint.  BUT, I wonder what our reader will use it for...  You will let us know, won't you!  :)  Hope you enjoy it, sweetie! 

Martha also claims you can transform a simple straw hat into a "chic make-it-yourself accessory you’ll use all season."  Ummm.. no.  Unless we're actually in a Sex in the City episode circa 2002.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Right? I can't wait for the holidays, I have so many ideas for spray painting!! LOL!

      Delete