Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Perfume

I love perfume.  I have summer perfumes, autumn perfumes, winter perfumes, you get the picture.  I wore Calvin Klein’s Obsession and Eternity and if you’re a child of the nineties, admit it, you did too. I wore Sunflowers and Tommy Girl in college and Chanel’s Mademoiselle and Chance not too long thereafter.  These are just to mention a few.  Each perfume is like a chapter of my life.  Even the slightest scent of one I’ve worn can instantly bring me decades back.  I’ve now moved on to Jo Malone and am obsessed with a random one I found from Anthropologie.  As I said, I love perfume.

So - it’s no surprise that I decided to test a couple the magazine promoted.

First came Chanel’s Coromandel.  As you now know, I’m no stranger to the Chanel counter and since I hadn’t heard of this one, I was intrigued.  The ladies at the Saks Chanel counter were mystified - no one had ever heard of it.  Huh?  I thought, OK there’s a photo of the bottle in the magazine, it must exist.  Luckily, there’s a Chanel boutique in the same shopping mall, so off I went. And there it was in all its spicy, warm yumminess.  However, sprayee be warned, this is some heavy stuff - people are gonna know you’re coming.  It. is. strong.  I could still smell it on my skin the next day, and yes, I had showered.

Then came the Bottega Veneta.  I love the brand’s leather goods and thought this may very well be a possibility.  And then I smelled it.   There’s nothing modern about this scent.  There’s actually something reminiscent of my early childhood, like the scent of an elderly neighbors house in the 1970s... probably not something I’m going to wear on Valentine’s day.  

Ali 

No comments:

Post a Comment