Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Sweet Treats for Valentine's Day

I thought Martha's idea of cellophane bags stuffed with treats with matching clip-art was really cute, but the candy was too hard for Benjamin and his little friends.  So, I unabashedly stole a similar idea from Creative Party Idea’s by Cheryl (thanks, Cheryl!).  I wasn’t able to use her template, I have no idea why, so I just made my own and eye-balled the whole thing. They didn’t come out too badly.  

Now, a day before Valentine’s day, I’m thinking - Starburst??  They’re two and under - can you think of a candy more appropriate for little guys just mastering feeding themselves? Yes, that’s a fail.  They’re done now, so apparently, I made Valentine’s treats for all of Benjamin’s friends’ parents.  Oh, well.  I hope they like them.

I was also was going make Martha’s version of 3-D valentine’s day cards.  Benjamin loves trains. Actually that’s an understatement, he is obsessed with trains.   Perfect, right?  Wrong.  I printed this out from the template about three weeks ago and it has sat here ever since.  



It’s my nemesis.  I don’t know why.  It’s just a little boring. Could I have colored it?  Yes.  I didn’t.  I finally folded the paper in half, but that didn’t inspire me either.  Surprised?  No, I’m not either.  So instead I went out and bought this card for Benjamin.  Yes, you didn't misread and it wasn’t a typo, I bought a card - may lightning strike me now.


...and Benjamin's going to love it.



May it inspire you more than it did me. 
Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment