Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

It's Time for String Break

Wrap a piece of string around something?  Now, this I can do.  Martha suggests that twine be used to add a handmade touch of spring to dinner party decor.  For those of you who read this and don’t have a subscription to her magazine, she even has a photo of twine wrapped around pebble-like stones. They’re meant to be a spin on a place card, as she’s written names in chalk.  Cute.  If you're into that type of thing.  I can’t fathom a reason for needing place cards in the near or distant future. The most recent time I used them was at our wedding and unless I get married again (not planning on doing so, Ben) I can’t foresee any utility in them whatsoever.  Maybe in a fancier house than ours.  But even then, would you choose a stone?  Really?  

So I decided to make little favors for our upcoming citrus and chocolate fiesta.  If you are coming, cover your eyes, otherwise you’ll ruin the sorpresa!!  

I know, I know, I just said we live in a non-fancy house and here I am talking about favors for a non-baby and non-wedding related event.  Remember, it’s string, how fancy can it be?

Off to Michael's I went in search of something favor related and twine friendly.  I bet you guessed it, I came home with candles.  Too cliche?  It is better than a rock, right?

 I used double-sided tape to attach the twine and wrapped it a couple of times, et voila!!!  


I bedazzled them by attaching the initial of each of the attendees. 
It took about 15 minutes and they’re pretty cute.  My kind of project. 

As I write this, I’m thinking I should have used bakers twine!  Argh!  So much prettier and modern looking.  Check out all the amazing colors available at http://thetwinery.com/.  I could have used brown and orange to go with our citrus and chocolate theme.  I wish I had thought about this before this very instant... Damn.


Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment