Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Tissue-paper Decorative Heart

I love stationary, wrapping paper, ribbons, and all the associated accoutrements.  The tissue paper heart seemed to be a perfect project for me.  I think these little beauties have been made by every little girl in the Western hemisphere and it's been about 30 years since I made my last one.  To say the very least, with this project I've made up for lost time.  

Now, Martha suggests buying four of her pom-pom kits (2 large and 2 medium).   However, when I looked them up, they weren't cheap, so I thought I'd dust off my talents at folding tissue paper back and forth.  Yes, I know, quite impressive, aren't I?

Countless hours and what seems to be hundreds of pieces of tissue paper later, I finally had 14 flowers and enough to cover my white construction board heart.  

My advice to you is to follow Martha's advice and buy the kits. :)

Ours now proudly hangs above the fireplace.



However, it likely won't make it to Valentine's 2013... just saying..

 Ali




No comments:

Post a Comment