Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Iced Raspberry Loaf Cake


<>As Jacq said, I called dibs on this one as soon as I saw it and it did not disappoint.  I had a friend's party to attend and since my mom taught me never to arrive empty handed, I thought it would be perfect.  I made the loaf the night before and iced it a couple of hours before I left.


Pretty on the inside

and pretty on the outside...

Cut and ready for the party to start!
Everyone LOVED it!!  I think someone actually asked if she could move in with us.  She said that she was small and didn't take up much room.  Now that's a compliment!

The texture of the loaf was light and spongy, but not overly sweet.  The raspberries were tart in contrast to the sweet icing.. it was just excellent!

I have a couple of recommendations though:
  1. Halve Martha's icing recipe.  I promise, you'll have ample and it won't end up uselessly surrounding the loaf.
  2. I'm not sure if I have a hot oven, but I cooked it precisely to Martha's specifications and when I took it out, it was quite brown on the outside and a little goopy in the very middle.  I'd cook it a little slower next time.  
And there will be a next time.  This one is a keeper.

Here's the recipe: http://www.marthastewart.com/875405/iced-raspberry-loaf-cake

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment