Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Lavender Sachets

Something about the little muslin bags used for sachets in Martha’s “good things” section this month really appealed to me. 


Ali suggested checking Michael's for them and sure enough, there they were exactly like the ones in the article.  I did have to spend half an hour searching aisle after aisle of tchotchke craft junk before I ended up breaking down and asking someone (which I should have done immediately) , but whatever, I found them.


I had dried lavender I cut from my garden last year and dried in the basement, so that was the natural choice for the bags.  It seemed like so much when I harvested it, but it really ended up being only enough for two sachets.  But, really, what am I going to do with a bunch of lavender sachets anyway.






Ali suggested stamping the bags, a brilliant idea.  






I think they ended up looking cute, but if I had thought about it in advance I think using a purple stamp pad with a more lavender looking flower would have made more sense.  My stamped bags seem more appropriate for holding sunflower seeds, but still pretty. 

Jacqui


2 comments:

  1. Jacq - You know these would be super cute favor bags for Ellie's birthday party! Obviously not for lavender and to be honest, I'm not sure what you'd put inside.. but whatever you decide, the packaging would be really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just so impressed that you have dried lavender in your basement. I grow lavender and basil every year and every year I vow to to use it and every year it all goes to seed...There's always this year though!

    ReplyDelete