Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sponge Worthy

On pages 27-28, Martha talks about cleaning.  I loathe cleaning, but I like a nice clean house.  Yes, it's a conundrum.  Anyway, she's promoting a whole bunch of different products - including some of her own.  No, I'm not surprised either.   One product she talks about are these little pop-up sponges from Trader Joes.  I've seen them a million times, but for some reason I've been too cheap to spend the $7 (for 12) to try them.  Well, I've been missing out.  They are amazing.  Period.  You must try them.  Like me, you'll never use another.

The sponges: pre-popped and post-popped.  Amazing. 

They're made from natural vegetable cellulose.  (Yes, that means they're green too. Bonus!) But the most amazing thing is that these sponges somehow manage to repel scum.   You know how your sponge traps food in its nooks and crannies?  Yeah, this one doesn't.  Mine is still as fresh and new as the first time I used it.  They're also much softer and more pliable than your normal supermarket brand.  As I said, I hate cleaning, but this little sponge is making it less of a chore. 

Ali

4 comments:

  1. We don't have a Trader Joe's YET in Colorado.... BUT there is some murmuring that one is coming to Boulder in the near future. I used to like shopping at TJ's when we lived in San Diego... and recently when we were in Albuquerque we shopped at their TJ's, and now I walk around Boulder sporting my TJ's canvas bag ... and get LOADS of good comments ... I hope the I'm increasing the Karmic field for TJ's to get here soon...and then I WILL be sure to buy these sponges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle - TJ's is the best! Send me your address over FB and I'll send you a few!

      Delete
  2. I'm buying these on my next trip to TJ's for sure! (Though, like you, I abhor cleaning, so the pop-up feature will probably be the highlight for me!)

    ReplyDelete