Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Irish Whiskey Coffee Bar

While I thought 3 tablespoons of coffee seemed a bit much for one recipe, I really had no point of reference, so I happily complied.  The result?  Nothing good.  Actually, the bars were inedible.  Unless you have an affinity for chewing on coffee grounds.  I should note, I love coffee.  I start every morning with an americano - three shots of espresso and hot water.  My philosophy these days is if it doesn't give me goose-bumps it's not strong enough.

So what did I do?  Did I move on with my day like a normal person?  No, I obsessed.  Was there a typo?  Should it have been 3 teaspoons?  Does Martha love coffee even more than I do?  Was that even possible??

And... so I made a second batch, with half the amount of coffee.  Ben thought I was off my rocker.  Which in retrospect, may have some merit.   I could see the recipe's potential and I wanted to give it a fair shot.  This is what I came up with:

Blondies pre-frosting


and... post-frosting
And then came the taste test.  The male component of the office couldn't get enough - was it the whiskey that made the concept of these blondies more manly?  Or was it the combination of coffee and whiskey that made a Monday morning seem more bearable?  Mondays with a buzz do seem as though they'd be much easier to get through.   Some came back for thirds!  Will they eat anything?  Am I single-handedly feeding my office?   The women were more subtle and several asked for the recipe.  Okay... they were moist and the frosting was delicious....  Whether it was a typo or Martha's love for a hair-raising coffee taste, I'm still bitter about the experience and I can hold a mean grudge, so chances are that I won't make them again.

I tried to attach the recipe, but when I clicked on "get the recipe" it said that I was not "authorized to access this page."  I think maybe deep down Martha knows this recipe sucked too.

Ali

2 comments:

  1. Lol! Monday mornings are def better with a buzz, Hah! I'm sure they all appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, but I thought they needed more whiskey. Does that make me a lush? ;)

    ReplyDelete